Eggs & Issues: Washington Update (Register at the door)
Friday, May 19, 2023 (7:00 AM - 8:30 AM) (CDT)
Registration is closed, but there is still room and you can register at the door.
Join us for the late on federal policy issues and their impact on business from John Kirchner, Vice President, Midwest Region, Congressional and Public Affairs Division, US Chamber of Commerce.
• Insights into what's really happening in Washington that you won't see in the media. Learn how divided government impacts the political atmosphere, prospects for legislative action, and the outcome of specific issues like the debt ceiling debate.
• The US Chamber's new LIBERTY Campaign (Legal Immigration and Border Enforcement Reform This Year) to advocate for improved border security and critical reform of the legal immigration system.
• The federal role in solving workforce shortages.
• Prospects for federal permitting reform to improve predictability, efficiency, transparency, and stakeholder input.
• Efforts to address federal overreach from agencies like the FTC, SEC, CFPB, DOJ, EPA, and IRS.
• The US Chamber's new tool to assess the public policy risks faced by businesses.
• What you can do to influence federal policies and how the US Chamber is working to combat political polarization.