Weekend Shift- Fabricator
Weekend Shift starting at $25.64!
Friday - Sunday 5am - 5pm
We offer a very competitive benefit package! We offer company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance and short-term disability insurance, employee-paid medical insurance, dental and vision care, employee paid long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and a 401(k) plan with a weekly company contribution. You will begin earning vacation time the first complete month of employment! We also have 10 paid Holidays!
Safety is our priority! We have a very extensive training program to ensure the safety of all of our employees.
Fabricators employed at Veritas Steel's Eau Claire location are responsible for fabricating, drilling, and grinding of bridge girder components, which may include welding operations, assembly operations, clean-up, and miscellaneous tasks assigned. They can meet high production demands promptly and complete high-quality work with expertise. Fabricators also adhere to company policies to ensure a safe working environment. Must be 18 years old to apply.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce fillet and groove welds using the SMAW, SAW, and FCAW processes
- Drill, install high-strength bolts and grind steel components
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Participate in continual improvement activities
- Read and interpret blueprints
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 1+ years experience in fabrication; preferred
- 1+ years experience in welding; a plus
- Commitment to work safety and actively participating in our safety culture
- Quality, accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability of work performed
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of your team
- Able to lift up to 75lbs occasionally
- Must be able to push /move objects up to 100 lbs. of force
- Necessary to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, climb, and work at heights
- Must have a good range of motion when reaching forward, shoulder to overhead, and bending
- Work is performed indoors in a large warehouse or outside in all weather conditions
- There is regular exposure to dirt, dust, paint fumes, noise, moving equipment, heavy steel & other possible hazardous conditions
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, hard hats, and steel-toed boots are required; a respirator is required for specific operations
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General Labor, Manufacturing