HME Support/Warehouse Support Specialist
Ability to deal pleasantly, patiently, and effectively with customers. Strong communication skills with capacity to make independent decisions. Must possess previous experience using a computer and have good organizational skills. Attention to detail a must. Ability to deal effectively with employees, customers, and referrals sources. Effectively operate software for scope of job description. Must be able to operate a forklift or have the ability to operate a forklift and be forklift certified.
- Greets customers promptly and courteously. If by telephone, answers within the first three rings. If in person, asks how they might be of service.
- Completes the order intake or Customer Information Form immediately upon receipt. Obtains as much information as possible to expedite the order. Determines the urgency, establishes the payer source, and notifies customer of payment responsibilities.
- Instructs patients and caregivers on the proper use of durable medical equipment and necessary cleaning, safety, and infection control requirements.
- Provides the customer accurate information on use of the equipment, including safety issues, funding considerations, especially insurance coverages, delivery schedules, and company billing practices.
- Is knowledgeable regarding company policy on accepting assignment, documentation requirements, returns/refunds, repairs, and inventory procedures.
- Initiates and completes appropriate paperwork for orders; develops information for prior authorizations and checks criteria for funding.
- Ensures that services are not rendered without all aspects of the order verified.
- Gather and assemble, in correct order, all mandatory documentation for customer file.
- Become proficient at entering all mandatory fields in customer computer file.
- Pay attention and practice all infectious disease control protocols.
- Process all cash transactions according to protocol with special attention to accuracy and taxation of appropriate items.
- Practices and adheres to all HIPAA, Joint Commission, and Compliance rules and regulations.
- Inventory, cycle counts, transfers and receiving
- Ability to become forklift certified. Using the forklift and other warehouse tools to unload trucks
- Help coordinate deliveries with service/rehab department.
- Receives shipments, unpacks, tags, and places equipment/supplies in inventory. Checks quantity and condition of materials received.
- Completes the monthly call list for active rental equipment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
High school diploma or its equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
Preferably one or more years experience in the above mentioned essential functions.
Able to read, write, And speak in the English language. Need to be able to research, learn, and comprehend medical terminology. Excellent customer service skills. Have compassion and empathy for others. Good understanding of computers and system software.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative