Financial Advisor In Training
Baird is seeking talent interested in becoming a Financial Advisor through our Financial Advisor Training Program (FATP). FATP is a 5-month long training program designed to prepare Financial Advisor Trainees who are new to the career path and industry. The program provides wealth management training intensive preparation followed by ongoing support and professional development, which consists of four main areas of development: Licensing & Certifications, Wealth Solutions & Baird Expert Trainings, Team Business Planning Engagement Calls, and Sales Training. The objective of the program is to create confident, professional Financial Advisors who fulfill the Private Wealth Management Mission. The objectives are achieved throughout the entirety of the 5-month program, which is conducted twice per year to include both licensed and unlicensed associates. A brief overview of each of the required learning and development components are provided below:
- Licensing & Certifications - All Baird Financial Advisors are required to have the SIE, Series 7 & Series 66 licenses as well as Life & Health Insurance certifications. The combination of the Series 65 & 63 licenses is also permitted, in place of the Series 66. It is the expectation that associates engage in all components of the training program in addition to the responsibility of earning their licenses. It is strongly recommended that associates obtain their SIE prior to the program start date.
- Wealth Solutions & Baird Expert Trainings - Over the course of the 5-month program, we will introduce trainees to the key components of Wealth Solutions (WS) through monthly focused topics. Each month and topic will feature specific FATP Workday Training Videos, Baird Expert Training Calls, interactive workshops, and assignments. Trainees will gain exposure to department contacts and learn how best to utilize each business partner.
- Team Business Planning Engagement Calls - New Financial Advisors are required to develop a written business plan to confirm roles, responsibilities, business focus, target market, and an action plan for the first 6-12 months and beyond. Roles and responsibilities will be discussed heavily to help teams outline specific needs and identify where focus should be spent, develop a strong team structure, a comprehensive business plan, and layout a detailed plan for success
- Sales Training - To help FAs develop sales training tactics, they will complete a full week of sales training that will take place in person in Milwaukee, WI. The objective of this training will focus primarily on: New Business Development, Strategic Business Planning, and Effectively Conducting Meetings.
Upon graduation from the Financial Advisor Training Program, the Trainee becomes a Financial Advisor and formally joins a team of one or more veteran Financial Advisors. He/she begins cultivating a client base and works to provide financial solutions and guide clients’ decision making.
As a Financial Advisor in Training, you will:
- Acquire new assets through targeted business development efforts.
- Analyze clients’ financial circumstances; including investment portfolios, assets, and liabilities.
- Develop financial plans and makes recommendations to clients, considering clients’ short term and long term goals.
- Determine investor suitability through analysis of clients’ investment objectives, risk tolerance, net worth, income, and investment expertise.
- Advise clients on various products and services, through education with respect to clients’ objectives, risk tolerance, etc.
- Work to integrate Baird products and services into business.
- Guide clients’ decision making as they position significant assets among a variety of financial instruments.
- Cultivate and maintains client relationships through successful ongoing interaction, communication, and expertise.
- Responsible for marketing the products that offer the most benefit for Baird clients.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Enhancing the lives of others: Have a direct, positive impact on the quality of life for your clients as you help them achieve their financial goals and secure a promising future.
- Unlimited earning potential: Earn a competitive salary as well as commissions, special incentives and generous benefits.
- Develop your career with a strong support structure: Establish a career backed by the award-winning resources of a nationally recognized industry leader. Part of what makes Baird different is the opportunity to team with like-minded advisors and support teams.
- Professional flexibility: Have freedom in building your business your way by managing your clients, your time, and your future as you see fit.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or communications a plus.
- 3+ years of experience required, preferably in a sales or financial services oriented capacity (Mortgage or insurance sales, pharmaceutical sales, etc. or CPA, Estate Planning, Commercial Banking, Financial Wholesaler, Trust Officer, etc.), or ownership and operation of a business.
- Must be SIE, Series 7/63/65 or 7/66 licensed or have the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Demonstrated success in sales with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ideally has a natural market from which to develop business and former experience in a commissioned compensation structure ideal.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or similar designation a plus.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or with a team.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Finance & Insurance