Sarting pay up to $23.75!!
Multiple Shifts Available:
1st Shift WKNDS
2nd Shift WKNDS
Please Apply Here: Fabrication Tech - 1 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin | Careers at 130 Curt EC M01 (icims.com)
Who We Are:
Lippert is a leading, global manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered products and customized solutions, dedicated to shaping, growing and bettering the RV, marine, automotive, commercial vehicle and building products industries. We combine our strategic manufacturing capabilities with the power of our winning team culture to deliver unrivaled customer service, award-winning innovation, and premium products to all of our customers.
Why We are Different:
At Lippert, Everyone Matters. This is not just a tagline or empty promise; it is who we are. We have intentionally created a culture that values and celebrates our team members’ unique and varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We strive to give our team members a deeper sense of purpose at work, and we continue to build a better work environment by aligning our cultural and business strategies with the needs of our team members.
What You will Get:
- A unique, inclusive and supportive company culture.
- Comprehensive benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, vacation, and more!
- Fair and competitive compensation.
- Career development and mentoring and opportunities to grow.
- Holiday, personal and vacation days.
This position will perform duties required to meet production demands. This position will be responsible for set-up and operating brake press machines, in-process inspection and cleaning operations required in the manufacturing of steel fabrication for custom trailer and hitch products. This position will report to the Operations Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement according to required machining sequences
- Confer with shift leads and managers to resolve machine malfunctions or production obtain approval to continue production
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems
- Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
- Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using solvents or solutions and rags
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions
- Follow work instructions to operate machine control units to start and stop operation
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences
- Help to maintain necessary inventory of manufacturing supplies
- Assist with cycle counting of material to ensure inventory integrity
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good housekeeping and implementing/sustaining 5s standards
- Observation and promotion of all safety rules and policies
- Basic computer, reading/writing, and communication skills
- Ability to interpret manuals, prints, and, technical drawings
- Ability to assist in design of equipment or fixtures
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter, able execute work from daily schedule
- Required to use honesty, integrity, and candor with the entire Maintenance team to create trust, and to support their passion for winning
- Committed to a maintaining positive attitude and caring about people
- Must be reliable and prompt
This role does not have any supervisory responsibility upon hiring.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The Team Member may have to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time hourly position, and hours of work and days are based upon the need to support operations and production.
No travel will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills necessary
- Organization Skills: Maintain clean and organized work space
- Cross-functional skills: Ability to work and handle multiple job assignments
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate within a team setting
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: Ability to lift, bend, and twist throughout the workday; ability to lift between 50 to 100 pounds
- Physical Environment: Fast-paced manufacturing environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Education: Associates Degree in Metal Fabrication
- Work Experience: 6 months of prior experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass E-Verify.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lippert provides equal employment opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, citizen status, veteran status, military service, marital status or any other legally protected category as established by federal, state, or local law. This policy governs all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, training, promotion, discipline, transfer, leave-of-absence, access to benefits, layoff, recall, termination and other personnel matters. All employment and personnel-related decisions are based solely upon legitimate, job-related factors, such as skill, ability, past performance, and length of service with Lippert.
Lippert’s strong commitment to equal employment opportunity requires a commitment by each individual team member. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all team members. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your leader or to any member of leadership. Team members who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Manufacturing