Position Title: Events Director
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Department: Fund Development/Marketing
Deadline to Apply: Until Position is filled
Reports To: CEO
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
Hours/Days: Full Time
In this collaborative role, the Events Director will plan, develop, and coordinate a portfolio of special events designed to achieve fundraising goals, expand the agency’s brand, and increase the overall donor base of Big Brothers Big Sisters of NW WI. The Events Director will focus on growing the overall impact and net revenues generated by the agency’s special events by cultivating engaged event committees, dedicated sponsors, and individual contributors, who are each dedicated to expanding the mission and service capacity of the agency. This individual will work closely with other agency staff and supporters including board members, event committee members, active volunteers, and community partners, as well as prospective supporters interested in supporting the agency’s mission. Reporting to the CEO, the Events Director will be a relationship-oriented, enthusiastic team player who can work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
- Ability to lead, establish strategic objectives, develop work plans and execute such plans
- Ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong personal and professional integrity; must be able to handle confidential information
- Ability to develop, forge, and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with agency stakeholders, as well as prospective stakeholders, in order to expand the agency’s overall donor and supporter base.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, multi-task work environment
- Ability to travel within Northwestern Wisconsin, and to work at evening and weekend events on occasion
- Ability to effectively manage staff and volunteers, providing guidance and keeping others motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong computer skills including publishing, spreadsheet/database management. Experience with development platforms preferred but not required
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills, including the ability to articulate Big Brothers Big Sisters’ inspiring mission and vision
To provide leadership for agency fundraising events (i.e. Bowl For Kids’ Sake, Gala, etc.)
Definition of needs and event purpose and goals
Definition of pool of potential attendees, target audience
Definition of core message and supplemental materials needed
To coordinate all aspects of fund-raising event preparation
Creating and tracking event costs and budget
Creating, seeking approval, producing and sending invitations for all events, tracking responses
Creating event timeline and/or agenda
Working with leadership to create message to be delivered and briefing materials on attendees
To staff all fund-raising events
Ensure all agency fundraisers are appropriately staffed
Greeting attendees, answering questions, actively participating in event as needed
To create and execute follow-up strategy after each event
Creating thank you for appropriate representative to host, venue, etc…
Handle all billing and cost-analysis
Providing development staff with suggested follow-up steps with attendees, as needed
- To maintain and manage the evolution of the agency’s 3-year fund development plan.
- Participate in the agency budget preparation exercises
- Provide periodic updates and projections to agency’s progress to annual goals
- Edit and revise the Fund Development Plan as needed to reflect accurate tracking and completion
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate any applicable staff or interns
TRAVEL/OFF SITE REQUIREMENTS: as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Must be able to transport event supplies
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The previous statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Non-Profit