Looking to use your assessing experience and leadership skills? Join us! We are a growing, welcoming, active mid-sized city that has received numerous recognitions as one of the best places to live in the country. The City Assessor directs trained personnel in assessment and appraisal related activities to ensure Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and statutory compliance. This position also analyzes sales information and defends market and income valuation models for residential and commercial property assessments, develops statutory and statistical reports to describe the assessment results, validates the uniformity of assessments and supports assessed values before the Board of Review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- State of Wisconsin certification at the level of Assessor 2 and 3 within 90 days of hire
- Must possess or obtain (within 30 days of hire) and maintain a valid driver’s license
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Certified Assessment Evaluator (CAE) or an equivalent designation
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field
Additional Reasons to Apply:
- Eligible for a hybrid work schedule (up to 2 days per week) after 6 months of successful City employment
- Receive 40 hours of vacation on your first day of employment, plus earn 80 hours of additional vacation time in the first year
- Receive 3 paid floating holidays and 8 paid regular holidays (in a calendar year)
- Potential to qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Other excellent fringe benefits (paid sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, etc.)!
Wage range: $87,422.40 to $101,895.25 annually. Application deadline: Open until filled, with first review of applications November 27, 2023. Application and complete job description available at www.eauclairewi.gov/jobs.
Interviews expected to take place Friday, December 8, 2023. Candidates will be notified via email if selected to interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Government, Professional, Real Estate & Housing, Finance & Insurance